Statement of Purpose、Personal Statement、Narrative Statement…雖然有著不同名稱，翻譯上也難有適切的表達，但對我而言，這些文件都代表著同一件事：痛苦不堪地挖掘自己。
Include the following elements:
1. A two-to-three-paragraph autobiographical sketch giving a sense of the applicant’s background and the world from which he or she draws inspiration and motivation.
2. Detail of the applicant’s personal philosophy regarding their chosen discipline.
3. Description of the applicant’s personal goals in applying to the AFI Conservatory.
The Narrative Statement should answer these basic questions:
1. Why do you want to be a filmmaker? What is your personal philosophy on the discipline to which you are applying and why is that discipline the one for you?
2. Why have you chosen AFI? What do you hope to gain from this particular program and what are your plans upon completion of your degree or certificate?
3. What is your story? AFI’s main emphasis is on visual narrative storytelling, and the best starting point is your own personal story. What experience, event, person, or film represents the defining moment in which you knew you wanted to be a filmmaker?
4. Your statement does not have to follow the order given above and does not have to answer each question separately. While your statement should be clear and well written, do not forget to convey individual personality. Speak honestly and openly. The Narrative Statement is an additional opportunity to demonstrate your artistic voice, as well as your desire and commitment to enter this renowned program.